The Joseph Rowntree Foundation is an independent social change organisation working to solve UK poverty.
At JRF and Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust (JRHT), we share two overarching outcomes:
- Everyone has a decent home in a good place.
- Everyone has good living standards and prospects.
Through research, policy, collaboration and practical solutions, JRF aims to inspire action and change that will create a prosperous UK without poverty, where:
- More people want to solve poverty, understand it and take action.
- More people find a route out of poverty through work.
- More people find a route out of poverty through a better system of social security.
- More people live in a decent, affordable home.
Work with us to solve UK poverty
We are working with private, public and voluntary sectors, and people with lived experience of poverty, to build on the recommendations in our comprehensive strategy – We can solve poverty in the UK – and loosen poverty’s grip on people who are struggling to get by.
Important PDF (download/read) on why we should listen to children’s view…