In this video I’ll be talking about I will be talking about how to get out of the victim mindset. I’m going to give you 5 ways to recognize whether you have this mindset and 5 solutions to break out of the victim mindset.
Setbacks, disappointments and hurts are part of the uncertainty of life.
How you respond to these setbacks determines how satisfied you will be with your life. You can’t control your circumstances, but you can control your response to them. How do you know if you’re wallowing in victimization?
Here are 5 ways to recognize it.
1. Most things have a negative tone to them.
2. You ask yourself “why” a lot.
3. You mull over things – a lot (this is called ruminating).
4. You don’t think very highly of yourself. You are your own worst critic.
5. Your first emotion is anger and you are often resentful of other people’s gains.
Here are 5 solutions to break out of this way of thinking.
1. Build your confidence by creating small achievable goals.
2. Turn your attention to giving to others. This helps you overcome neediness.
3. Make a gratitude list. When you are in victim mode, you focus more on what you don’t have.
4. Get closure on your past hurts.
5. Take ownership of your decisions. No one can make you feel a certain way without you allowing it.